Friday, January 14, 2011

Tippy Toes

I've waited patiently to post about this & now that all of the gifts are delivered, so here goes! I first heard about Tippy Toes Pottery through Southern Mamas blog. Amanda uses the handprints & footprints of children to create amazing keepsakes on pottery. We decided these would make great Christmas gifts for granparents, as well as a cookie plate for Santa & Palmer's first Christmas ornament. We were thrilled with the outcome & I think the grandparents loved everything too! If you live in or near Savannah, try them out, you won't be disappointed.

I captured a few pictures of the actual process of getting the footprints made. Palmer was so good & gave Amanda some serious stares as she was painting his feet. I just love those chubby feet!



We gave my dad a golf themed picture frame- the green & sandtrap were made with his footprints. Pap & Palmer are future golf buddies!

My parents always host Thanksgiving at their house for my moms side of the family, plus anyone else that wants to come:) We thought it would be cute to do a different piece of Thanksgiving themed pottery each year. We started the collection with a large oval platter with two turkeys made from Palmer's footprints- aren't those the cutest little turkey feet?!?

Thanks Amanda for helping us capture these sweet feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment